On Monday 10th June the new iOS 7 was unveiled and subsequently issued to registered developers as a Beta IPSW. Those who are not registered will have to wait until the fall when the firmware is released publicly with the new line up of devices. What most people will be wanting to know is whether their current device is supported or not. Here is a list of these that are supported and a list of some of the new features that will be available. If your device is not on this list it will not be compatible with iOS 7 and it may be time to start thinking about upgrading .
Image : iOS 7 Compatible Devices
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 5
- iPad 2
- iPad 3
- iPad 4
- iPad Mini
- iPod Touch 5
These are some of the iOS 7 Features and device compatibility; the list is subject to change:
- Panorama – Available on the iPhone 4S, 5 and iPod Touch 5
- Square and Video, Swipe to Capture – Available on the iPhone 4 and above, iPad Mini and iPod 5
- Filters (Camera) – Available on the iPhone 5 and iPod 5
- Filters (Photo) – Available on the iPhone 4 and higher, iPad 3 or later, iPad Mini and iPod 5
- Air Drop – Available on the iPhone 5, iPad 4, Mini and iPod 5 – Requires iCloud account to work
- Siri – Available on the iPhone 4S, 5, iPad Retina, iPad Mini and iPod 5 – Requires valid internet access and language support will be subject to locale. New voices have been added in English, American, German and French.
- Find My iPhone – Requires valid internet connection. Features subject to area.