Monday 10th March saw the release of iOS 7.1, featuring a number of enhancements to the user interface, speed and performance and the introduction of CarPlay. iOS 7.1 also irrevocably patches the exploits used in Evasi0n 7, thus rendering your iPhone 5S incapable of being jailbroken using the utility.
Image : iPhone 5S iOS 7 Download iPSW
For those of you that have not yet updated to iOS 7.1, we are going to show you the IPSW method. This is the recommended method for those of you who wish to jailbreak later on down the line. At the moment, Evad3rs have not said whether they are intending to produce a jailbreak utility for iOS 7.1. However, it is more than likely that they will hang on to any exploits that they have and use them in a jailbreak for iOS 8.
iOS 8 is expected to be revealed at Apple’s World Wide Developers Conference in June and will likely be released in September/October with the next generation of iPhone, the iPhone 6.
iOS 7.1 Supported Devices
- iPhone 4/4S/5/5S/5C
- iPad 2/3/4
- iPad Air
- iPad Mini/Mini 2
- iPod Touch 5th generation
How to Download iOS 7.1 IPSW for iPhone 5S
You will need a computer or a Mac with good internet connection, you USB cable and about 5 minutes of time
- Download the iOS 7 IPSW that corresponds with your iPhone 5S
- Connect your iPhone 5S to your PC or Mac with the USB cable
- Launch iTunes
- Open Device Summary
- Press down the Shift key if you are using a Windows PC or the ALT key if you use a Mac
- At the same time, click on Update in iTunes [ext link] and select the downloaded iOS 7 ipsw file downloaded in Step 1
- iTunes will update your iPhone 5S to iOS 7 firmware
Please be aware that, once you have updated to iOS 7.1 there is no going back, even if you have saved your SHSH blobs [ext link].