iOS 8 is expected to arrive in less than a day and, shortly afterwards, Apple is going to stop signing older firmwares. That means, if you haven’t updated to iOS 7.1.2 you should do it now or lose the chance to install the latest jailbreak forever.
Image : Installing iOS 7.1.2 Firmware
iOS 7.1.2 isn’t a huge release, simply one that is designed to fix a few bugs before iOS 8 arrives. The main fix is for a mail encryption bug that affected some users of Mail and iMessage. A lock screen bug and a couple of other minor issues are fixed along with the usual small improvements.
iOS 7.1.2 is also the last firmware that can be jailbroken so if you don’t want to lose that chance, don’t upgrade to iOS 8 until a new jailbreak arrives. For those of you that do want to jailbreak, first, you need to update your device and the following steps tell you how to do this in 2 ways using iTunes. Before you start, make sure you back up your data through iTunes and/or iCloud.
- Connect your device to your PC or Mac
- Launch iTunes
- If you have more than one iOS device registered, choose the correct one from the list on the side of the screen
- Click on Check for Updates in the device summary [image for reference only]
- iTunes will locate iOS 7.1.2 as being the latest available upgrade
- Click Download and Install on the pop up message
- iTunes will proceed to update your device to iOS 7.1.2.
- Download the iOS 7.1.2 IPSW that corresponds to your device – links below
- Again connect to your PC and open iTunes
- Go into device summary
- Hold the SHIFT (Windows) or OPTION (Mac) key down and click Update in iTunes
- Find the IPSW you downloaded and select it [image for reference only]
- iTunes will use the IPSW to update your device to iOS 7.1.2.
Now you can follow these guidelines to jailbreaking with Pangu untethered utility. For more Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest information direct to your inbox.
Download iOS 7.1.2 IPSW :
- iPad Air (5th generation Wi-Fi + Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi)
- iPad (4th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation GSM)
- iPad (4th generation WiFi)
- iPad mini (CDMA)
- iPad mini (GSM)
- iPad mini (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for ATT)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for Verizon)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (GSM)
- iPhone 5c (CDMA)
- iPhone 5c (GSM)
- iPhone 5s (CDMA)
- iPhone 5s (GSM)
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 4 (GSM Rev A)
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPod touch (5th generation)
For more , keep reading our Blog and Subscribe to the iOS 7 newsletter , powered by JailbreakModo blog.