iOS 7.1.1 has been released and contains a number of bug fixes for existing issues on the iPhone, iPod and iPad, including .
- Improvement to Touch ID recognition
- Keyboard lag
- Issue with using a Bluetooth keyboard with VoiceOver turned on
Image : iOS 7.1.1 Download Improvements
iOS 7.1 landed on March 10th, bringing with it some fairly significant changes to the iOS. Improvements to iTunes Radio, the addition of CarPlay and en overhauled calendar app were included amongst other things.
iOS 7.1.1 is not a major release, it is merely to offer a little more stability and clear up some of the more niggling issues. Bearing in mind that WWDC 2014 kicks off in a little over a month and that iOS 8 is expected to be unveiled there, Apple is not likely to add in any more noteworthy features to iOS 7+.
iOS 8 is thought to include quite a lot in the way of new stuff including iTunes Radio being made into a standalone app, a new HealthBook app, and iCloud apps in the form of TextEdit and Preview, along with a dedicated Tips app.
In the meantime, iOS 7.1.1 is ready for downloading although, if you have jailbroken your device and want to preserve it you should not update. One of the best methods is to update using the IPSW links below .
Steps to Install iOS 7.1.1 IPSW Update
- Choose and download the relevant link for your device
- Connect your iPhone, iPod or iPad to your computer
- Open iTunes
- Choose your device and click on Device Summary
- Hold down the SHIFT key if you use a Windows PC, ALT if you use a Mac and click on Update in iTunes at the same time
- Navigate to the iOS 7.1.1 IPSW and click it
- iTunes will update your device to iOS 7.1.1
This is the safest and most effective method of updating the firmware on your device. Let us know how you get on and if you find anything interesting in the update.
iOS 7.1.1 IPSW Download Links
- iPhone 5S (GSM)
- iPhone 5S (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (GSM)
- iPhone 5 (CDMA)
- iPhone 5C (CDMA)
- iPhone 5C (GSM)
- iPhone 4S (GSM & CDMA dualband)
- iPhone 4 (GSM Rev A)
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPad Air (Wi-Fi + Cellular)
- iPad Air (Wi-Fi)
- iPad 4 CDMA)
- iPad 4 GSM)
- iPad 4 Wi-Fi)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi (3rd gen)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (GSM)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (CDMA)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPad Mini (CDMA)
- iPad Mini (GSM)
- iPad Mini (Wi-Fi)
- iPad Mini Retina (Wi-Fi + Cellular)
- iPad Mini Retina (Wi-Fi)
- iPod Touch (5th gen)