Right now, unless you are on iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.3.3, you cannot jailbreak your device and that means you can’t apply the tweaks you have come to know and love. If you don’t want to jailbreak or can’t jailbreak but still want to be able to add some modification to your iOS device, then you need to consider using Extensify. Extensify allows you to make some modifications to apps on your iOS device although it isn’t as extensive as Cydia [ext link] would be when you jailbreak.
Image : Extensify Helper Download
The tweaks that are contained in Extensify are called Exos and when you download them, you download a modified version of the specific app you are trying to add features to. If you wanted to download an Exo that modified YouTube, the app downloaded onto your Home screen would be called YouTube + [ the + sign identifies it as an Extensify app] and that gives you the choice of using the modified or the original app.
Do I Use a Computer to Download Extensify ?
Not if you are on iOS 8 through to iOS 9.2.1. In that case, you can use our Extensify Download [ext link] tutorial to put Extensify straight onto your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. If you are on a later version of the iOS, the process to download is not quite so simple and you will need to use Extensify Helper on your computer to get Extensify onto your iOS device. Here’s how.
How to Use Extensify Helper :
- Download and install iTunes [ext link] on your computer if you don’t already have it. It is a requirement for Extensify Helper to work properly
- Download Extensify Helper [ext link] onto your Mac or Windows computer
- Open Extensify Helper and, if you get a “Trust this Computer” message, click on Trust
- Ignore all other popups that appear, just close them down
- Click Install Extensify from the drop down menu on the main Extensify Helper screen
- Click the Start button and then leave your computer to do its work
- When Extensify is installed on your iOS device, you will see the icon on your home screen
Is it Free to Use ?
Extensify is free, as are most of the Exos contained in it. You may find one or two that need to be paid for if you want to use them and this will depend entirely on whether the developer has opted to provide their Exo free of charge or as a commercial package. The prices for any that have to be paid for are clearly marked for you