Apple has just released a new software update, iOS 7.0.5. It appears to be only for some models of the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5C sold in China, Asia Pacific and Europe and is to fix a network provisioning problem.
Image : iOS 7.0.5 Update for iPhone
It is only for those phones that are compatible with China’s networks and is not for the iPod Touch or the iPad. Those that have the following models can download the update .
iOS 7.0.5 Supported Devices :
- A1457 iPhone 5S – UK and Europe
- A1528 iPhone 5S – China
- A1530 iPhone 5S – Asia Pacific
- A1507 iPhone 5C – UK and Europe
- A1526 iPhone 5C – China
- A1529 iPhone 5C – Asia Pacific
To find out which model iPhone you have, turn to the back of it and take a look at the information printed at the bottom – your model number is on the second line of small printing.
At this point in time, if you are intending to jailbreak or have already done so, you should not update your iPhone to this software. Wait until the developers have had a chance to test it to see if it affects the jailbreak in any way.
Some people were expecting to see Apple release iOS 7.1 next but this update suggests otherwise. It now looks as though 7.1 will be released around March time although there is no official word on that from Apple just yet. 7.1 remains in beta stage, with the latest being beta 4.
There are 3 ways for those of you with one of the above iPhone models to download the update:
OTA – Over the Air
This is the quickest method but should not be used if you are intending to jailbreak at any time in the future
- Open Settings on your iPhone home screen
- Tap on General
- Tap on Software Update
- Your iPhone will now search for the available update
- Tap on Download and Install on the message that pops up
- Connect your iPhone to your computer
- Launch iTunes
- Choose your model of iPhone from the list and click on Device Summary
- Click on Download and Install
- Your iPhone will now be updated to iOS 7.0.5
IPSW through iTunes
- Download the correct IPSW from the links at the bottom of this article
- Connect your iPhone to your PC and open iTunes
- Choose your iPhone and click on Device Summary
- Hold down the Shift if you use Windows or the ALT key if you use a Mac and click on Update in iTunes at the same time
- Navigate to the IPSW you downloaded earlier and iTunes will proceed to update your iPhone to iOS 7.0.5.
The developers have informed us that iOS 7.0.5 does not interfere with Evasi0n 7 Jailbreak so you are free to go ahead and update.