On September 18th Apple finally released iOS 7 to the public. Since then, we have had 2 more updates – iOS 7.0.1 which was to fix a Touch ID issue on the iPhone 5S and iOS 7.0.2. 7.0.3 is due for release any time in the next couple of weeks. If you haven’t yet done so, there are 3 ways to upgrade your device to iOS 7.0.2, instructions for which are below.
Image : iOS 7.0.2 on iPhone 5
Method 1 – Over the Air (OTA)
- Open your Settings app
- Select General
- Tap on Software Update
- Your device will now check for the latest update and a message will appear
- Choose Download and Install
- After the download your device will reboot to complete the installation.
Method 2 – iTunes v11.1
- Connect your computer and device together and open iTunes
- Navigate to Device Summary and select the right device if you have more than one registered
- Choose Check for Update
- Click on Download and Install on the message that appears
- iTunes will go ahead and update your device to iOS 7.0.2
Method 3 – IPSW with iTunes v11.1
- Make sure you download the correct IPSW for your specific model of device
- Connect up your PC and device
- Open iTunes
- Click Device Summary and choose your device from the list if there are more than one
- Hold SHIFT (Alt on the Mac) and click Update at the same time
- Navigate to the IPSW and iTunes will upgrade your device to iOS 7.0.2.