One thing that we miss when there is no jailbreak is the ability to modify our iPhones and iPads the way we want to. With no jailbreak in sight for the foreseeable future and no word from either Taig or Pangu, the future is looking a little bleak at the moment. Mojo app installer may be just the thing to help us over this dry period and to help those who don’t want to jailbreak but want some extra stuff on their iOS device.
Image : Mojo Installer Download
Mojo Installer Features :
- No jailbreak needed
- Decent alternative to Cydia
- Doesn’t go as deep as Cydia but offers a reasonable choice of tweaks and packages
- Apply tweaks to stock iOS apps and app store apps
- Use Quick Search feature to find packages that suit your user level
- Monitor your downloads with the Track Package feature
- Add repositories to get more choice of tweaks
Mojo Installer [ext link] is a little tricky to download but, provided you follow the steps closely you won’t have any trouble getting it on your iPad or iPhone.
Download Mojo Installer :
- Open Safari on your iPhone or iPad
- Type mojoinstaller.org into the address bar and hit go
- When the page you choose has loaded up, look for the UP arrow and tap on it iPad users will see it in the top right corner of the screen and, for iPhone users, it will be at the bottom
- A new window will open with a short list of options – select and tap on Add to Home Screen
- Now you will be asked to give your app a name – call it Mojo and tap on Add
- When you have done this, take a look at your home screen and you should see Mojo app on there.
Mojo Error :
Some users have already reported an error in the form of a Profile Installation Failed error. This is an easy one to fix and will take just a few minutes – you can find the instructions on how to fix it here
How to Use Mojo App Installer :
When Mojo s on your device, you can use it in pretty much the same way as you use Cydia [ext link]. Open the app by tapping on the on and start searching for the tweaks you want to install, such as popular screen recorder, iRec. Find details here on which repositories you can add for more choice and how to add them. One problem you might come across is that one of your downloaded tweaks doesn’t work. This is because they rely on certificates but fixing this is very easy:
- Open Settings > General > Profile
- Find the app that won’t work in the list
- Tap on Trust to the side
- Try the app again, it should now work
If you can’t get on with Mojo or you run to problems with it, you can easily delete it and start again – full instructions on how to do that can be found here.
Tell us your thoughts on Mojo as a jailbreak alternative and follow us on Facebook to get instant access to more tips like this. Subscribe to our free email newsletter for regular updates .