It’s all very well to have signal bars on your iPhone but it’s not always easy to see at a glance how strong your signal is. We have a tip for you, a guide on how to change those bars into numbers, measured in decibels – the greater the number [-10 is greater than -50] the stronger the signal.
Although this does not require your iPhone to be jailbroken, you are delving into deep areas so please proceed carefully.
- On your iPhone dial this number: *3001#12345#*
- Tap on Call
- You will now be in Field Test Mode and you should be able to spot a signal indicator at the top of the screen.
- Tap on it to change to a number and tap again to change back.
- At this stage, you can either press on Home and exit completely, if you really don’t like the feature or you can continue to follow these steps.
- Hold down the Power button until the power off slider appears – DO NOT POWER OFF
- Press and hold the Home button until the Field Test app shuts down and you are back on your Home screen.
Now, whenever you turn on your iPhone all you have to do is tap on the Signal Strength meter and change it to a number and then, when you want your bars back, just tap again. If the number is high then you have a poor signal, lower and it gets better. The nearer to Zero the number the higher the strength as a general rule of thumb.
If you want to get rid of this feature and go back to just the signal bars:
- Again on your iPhone dial *3001#12345#* and tap Call
- Press on the Home button once – this shuts down the Field Test Mode and it will not reappear until you repeat the first set of steps above.
Read : How to download iOS 7
|Share on Facebook|
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe