Two days ago, on September 10th, Apple released the Gold Master version of iOS 7 to developers. If you are trying to install the GM version and you come up against “iTunes Unknown Error (6)” it’s because you are not a registered developer or your UDID has not been activated.
Image : iOS 7 GM Activation Error
At this stage your iPhone is going to be locked and will require restoring before you can go any further. Follow these instructions to activate and fix this activation error :
How to Fix iOS 7 Activation Error
- Your iPhone should already be connected to your PC
- Place your iPhone into DFU mode – Hold Power and Home buttons at the same time for 10 seconds
- Release Power button but continue holding Home button until iTunes tells you it has detected an iPhone in Recovery Mode and now you should restore your device .
- Click on OK and then click Restore
Please note that your iPhone can only be restored back to the current signed iOS firmware – 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 for iPhone 5. You cannot go back to 6.1.2 or earlier.
Get iOS 7 on iPhone without Restore Fix :
Now, before you attempt to install iOS 7 GM again you need to get your UDID activated. You could join the official Apple Developer program at a cost of $99 per year or you could opt to save yourself $89 and do it through us. If you do not know your UDID or how to find it, read our guide here. Once you have a note of your UDID, follow these steps to get your UDID activated.
- Send your UDID number by email to support@registerUDID.org
- You will receive an email with instructions on how to make payment via PayPal and how long after payment you can expect registration to be completed – it normally takes around an hour
- You will receive email confirmation when your activation has been done.
- Because this is a premium service you will receive full support from us on how to download and install iOS 7 GM and activate your iPhone for use on it.
- A full money back guarantee is in place should you not be satisfied
Activation is valid for 1 full year and will cover the iOS 8 betas next year
Get your UDID Registered for $5 :
There is an alternative method if you want to pay less than $10 .
- On your browser go to Fiverr.com
- If you already have an account, login, if not, you will be asked to register later on
- In the search box at the top of the screen type in UDID
- Now choose, from the search results, one of the sellers offering UDID activation for $5
- Click the Seller name and you will go to their page
- Now you need to register – click on Login With Facebook button – this is the quickest method
- Click the Order Now button and you will be directed to the payment page where you can either input your credit or debit card details or login with your PayPal ID and pay that way.
Please note – UDID Activation through Fiverr can take between 24 and 48 hours. The same service through us will be done almost instantly.
Now Download and Install iOS 7 GM :
- Download the iOS 7 GM for your device
- Ensure your PC and iPhone are still connected and, in iTunes go to the Device Summary page
- Hold the Shift key, or Alt/Option if you are using a Mac, and click on Update in iTunes
- Navigate to the IPSW for iOS 7 GM and iTunes will update your iPhone
- When the install has completed, your iPhone will restart and you will be prompted to activate – follow the instructions in screen and in iTunes and your iPhone will be ready for use on iOS 7 GM.
|Share on Facebook|
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe