Today Apple has dropped yet another beta on us, number 7, a bit of a surprise since beta 6 was released just last week. However, that was only a minor version, released to fix an urgent bug that occurred after beta 5 for some users, with iTunes and iCloud. This guide will show you how to download and install beta 7 and how to legally and safely activate your UDID.
Image : Top iOS 7 Messaging apps [left to right : WhatsApp , Viber , iMessage]
How to Download iOS 7 Beta 7 :
Method 1 – OTA : For Registered Developers only
- Open Settings on your device
- Select General
- Select Software Update
- Your device will now check for the new beta
- Select Download and Install
- When the installation is complete your device will restart on iOS 7 beta 7.
Method 2 – IPSW : For Registered and Non-developers
- Download the iOS 7 beta 7 IPSW – make sure you download from the list that corresponds to your developer status
- Connect your device and computer together and open iTunes
- Go to Device Summary
- Hold the Shift or Option (Mac) key down and tap on Update in iTunes simultaneously
- Point to the ios 7 beta 7 IPSW and iTunes will proceed to update your device to beta 7.
iOS 7 Download Links – Direct Downloads :
- iPad (4th generation Model A1458)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1459)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1460)
- iPad mini (Model A1432)
- iPad mini (Model A1454)
- iPad mini (Model A1455)
- iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for ATT)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for Verizon)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1428)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1429)
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 (GSM Rev A)
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPod touch (5th generation)
How to Activate iOS 7 Beta 7 :
Now you need to activate your device to run on iOS 7 beta 7. Registered developers will not have a problem here but non-developers will almost certainly come up against an activation error. This is because your UDID has not been registered with the Apple development team and won’t be authorized.
Solution to Activation Error :
There are a couple of ways that you can get past this point. The first is to pay $99 per year and register with the official Apple Developer Program. The second is to save yourself $89 and purchase your 12 months of UDID activation through a developers account . This is the best way for you to LEGALLY activate your UDID. All you need to do is send us an email with your UDID number in it to email@example.com – if you are not sure how to find your UDID number, look at our guide. Then send payment of $10 through PayPal . After a few hours, you will be sent confirmation that your activation has been successful and can go ahead and activate iOS 7 beta 7 for use.
Please Note that we only have 50 UDID activations and we will not oversell this number. This is for manual activation only and will last for 12 months, which means you will be able to download iOS 8 betas next year as well.
Second Batch of UDID GiveAway : 50 Lucky Winners
Of course, if you are feeling lucky, you could take part in our UDID giveaway. We are giving away FREE UDID’s to the first 50 people who follow these steps:
- Like our Facebook page
- Follow us on Twitter
- Comment on this article in the box below with your UDID number – this gives us your email address so that we can let you know if you are one of the lucky winners. Also comment “Why would you like to Install iOS 7“
Note : This offer expires 27th Aug Midnight US Time . Winners will be chosen based on their answers
Why Not Wait For the Official iOS 7 Release ?
Why wait when you don’t need to? As we all know, iOS 7 has undergone a total redesign. And, when we say total, we mean it. Gone is the skeuomorphic design, replaced with a much flatter look. All of the icons have been redesigned. The native apps have been upgraded to make them more intuitive and easier to use. New features have been added in, some of which will only ever have been seen by those who have jailbroken their devices in the past.
Image : iOS 7 app icons flat design.
iTunes Radio has arrived, and so much more, you will seriously wonder why it has taken Apple so long to make their firmware this good. Check out our guide to the Features of iOS 7 and download it today. iOS 7 is due for public release in September/October.