On August 6th, many people got a bit of a surprise when they found that Apple had seeded iOS 7 Beta 5, about a week earlier than expected. It’s not a big download this time, just 150 MB but it does contain a couple of fixes from previous betas. It’s also kicked up a few more bugs and issues that need attention. First , the fixes .
iOS 7 Beta 5 Bug Fixes :
- iPhone 4 user can now download content from the App Store
- Voice memos have been added to file types supported in iCloud
- Users can now disable to Control Center from working within apps
- Skype is now working properly
- Step-by-step instructions have been removed from the lock screen and the Slide to Power off slider redesigned.
The following are bugs and issues that have been found during testing of iOS 7 Beta 5. It is important to bear in mind that these bugs do not affect all users, only some .
iOS 7 Beta 5 Bugs Found So Far :
- Wi-Fi signal bar extremely weak, continuation of an issue that started in Betas 3 and 4
- Swipe to Unlock sound has disappeared
- Wallpaper appears to be zoomed in and cannot be moved or resized, even after turning off Parallax
- Some users experiencing Safari browser crashing when using Private Browsing
- Random rebooting issue
- Multitasking gestures to close apps keep freezing the screen
- Gmail crashes on startup – continuation from Beta 2
- Some devices reporting an abnormally long boot up time
- Some are complaining of fast battery drainage while others say theirs is better than before
- One or two reports of overheating
- Pop-up for volume increase or decrease has disappeared
- iPad 2 users are reporting that their screen goes blank, showing only the wallpaper and requires a hard reset to work again.
These are the main issues that have been reported, as soon as we hear of more we’ll let you know. In the meantime, if you come across any that have not yet been reported let us know and we’ll update our information for other users.
Some of these issues can be removed by resetting or restoring your device between beta downloads although this will not work for everyone. Please leave your comments below with problems you might be facing on iOS 7 beta releases .