iOS 9 has not been the most stable of all iOS versions but, to be fair to Apple, they have delivered, at a fairly rapid pace, a whole host of updates to clear up the problems. At the same time, they have managed to patch up a lot of vulnerabilities that could have been used in jailbreaks, which could explain why we haven’t heard from either Taig or Pangu in recent times. However, things don’t look much rosier ahead unfortunately. Although we have seen a few jailbreaks just recently, none of them have been released as full public jailbreaks and the reports from the developers about iOS 10 are not very comforting.
Image : iOS 10 Jailbreak Update
Quick Download Cydia iOS 10 App :
- Launch Safari web browser on your iPhone or iPad
- Go to your favorite search engine and enter iOS 10 Jailbreak in the search box. Then tap on the search button as shown here .
- In the results page find the website with the url ios9cydia.com [as shown in the image above] . Tap on this result to bring up a webpage specifically degined for Cydia iOS 10 app download onto iPhone . In case you cannot find the website in the results page or if Google is not accessible in your country , simply go to this page ios9cydia.com by entering the address in the url box .
- Go to the bottom of the screen and tap on the UP arrow as shown in the image here .
- Select Add to HomeScreen . Tap to proceed
- Rename the app icon as Cydia and then tap on Add
- Cydia app is now installed on iOS 10 firmware .
Video : Here is a video tutorial of the above steps
According to the word on the street, Apple is in the throes of beefing up security on iOS 10 with a new system called “Rootless”. There are two reasons for increasing security – first is as a follow-on from Apple’s very public run-in with the FBI over unlocking an iPhone to get at the data on it, and the second is, of course, to put a stop to jailbreaking once and for all. According to reports, “Rootless” will drill down the security so that even users who have administrator privileges will not be able to access some files and data on the iOS and on OSX. On the Mac, we believe that the system can actually be disabled so this will mainly affect users of the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
iOS 10 Jailbreak Possible ?
Despite the stories coming from the developers, none of them has actually given us any details as to why iOS 10 is proving to be difficult and none of them have mentioned the “rootless” system that was rumored. Until such time as all the betas are done and iOS 10 is out in public, we can’t possibly begin to speculate on whether we will be able to jailbreak it or not. To be kept up to date, subscribe to our email newsletter and follow us on Facebook.
Recent Jailbreak Activity :
- GasGauge 0-day exploit came from Luca Todesco. First shown off through photo and video, GasGauge works on all iOS 9 devices but will not work in iOS 10 as Apple has patched the exploits. Todesco has released the source code on Ghostbin saying that anyone who knows what to do can use it to build an iOS 9.3.3 jailbreak [ext link]. He says that Apple has opted for the hard line on iOS 10 making jailbreaking very difficult.
- iH8sn0w is a well-known developer who demonstrated an iBoot exploit some time ago. That exploit has been put to use in an iOS 10 jailbreak [ext link] for iOS 10 beta 1 but this is not good news for the bulk of iOS users. The iBoot exploit only works on 32-bit devices, which means only a small amount of users will benefit from it.
- Flying JB is the last of the recent jailbreaks, produced by a Chinese team for iOS 9.2.1 but, as with the previous one, it will only work on the older devices. It is also not a very easy jailbreak to install because it is not GUI based. However, the team has put the code onto GitHub with instructions on how to use it, along with saying the same as Todesco – iOS 10 is looking to be tough for jailbreakers.
iOS 10 Jailbreak Release Date :
With the iOS 10 download [ext link] due in the next couple of weeks, jailbreakers seeking for a possible iOS 10 Jailbreak will be waiting on tenterhooks to see if the rumors are true. That said, we heard the same rumors before iOS 9 was released and it didn’t happen.
What are your thoughts on this ? Follow us on Facebook for up to date developments .