Just lately, Apple seems to be suffering with things going wrong. First, they had a security breach, which resulted in the closure of their development website for a while; this was followed by their activation servers going offline and issues being reported with iTunes. Now it’s the turn of iMessage.
Image : iMessage Not Working on iOS 7
Some users are reporting that sometimes iMessage just decides not to work and there doesn’t seem to be a specific reason attached to it. So, because we don’t know what causes it, we have listed a number of solutions – all you can do is try each one until iMessage works again. Just occasionally, the problem will lie with Apple’s servers and sometimes it will be with the recipient of your messages not having iMessage configured correctly and there’s nothing you can do to fix those issues. Here goes:
Fix iOS 7 iMessages Not Working :
- Check your network settings and Wi-Fi proxies. iMessage requires Wi-Fi or 3G to work but will occasionally stop working even with a valid connection. If you use Wi-Fi, move closer to the router and, for 3G, reset the cellular connection.
- Switch iMessage off and then turn it on again. You can do this in Settings > Messages. Make sure your connection is active and then leave it a while before attempting to send an iMessage to another iMessage user. Failing that, sign off your Apple ID completely and then sign back in again; turn iMessage off and on again.
- Check your Send and Receive options. Go to Settings > Messages > Send and Receive. Look for your phone number and Apple ID then try one of these:
- Remove your email ID and just use your number’;
- Choose your email OR iPhone and see if iMessage is working;
- Choose both phone number and email – a “Start New Conversation” message will appear so select your own phone number.
Image : iOS 7 Waiting for activation error fix
Other things to try are deleting old iMessages or carrying out a complete restore and setting up as a new iPhone instead of restoring from backup.. You can also try setting the date to update automatically – Settings, General, Date and Time and tap on Set Automatically to enable it.
|Share on Facebook|| |