A few days back, iOS 7.1 beta was seeded to developers, however, a set of unofficial links have been released that allow non-developers to download the beta as well. Those links can be found at the bottom of the article but you download at your risk. Full instructions for installing the iOS 7.1 beta can be found here.
Image : Download and Downgrade iOS 7.1 to older iOS 7 version
Because it is in Beta form, iOS 7.1 is buggy and is really only for testing purposes. However, if you have upgraded to it and want to go back to iOS 7.0.4 or earlier, there is a way. A word of note – if you have the iPhone 4 you can downgrade all the back to iOS 6+ if you use iFaith. Anyone else can only go back to iOS 7.0.4.
Steps to Downgrade iOS 7.1 to iOS 7.0.4:
- Download the iOS 7.0.4 IPSW
- Plug your iPhone into your PC and launch iTunes
- Now place your iPhone into DFU mode : Hold down the Power and Home buttons together for about 10 seconds, release the Power button and continue holding Home until iTunes pops up an “iPhone in Recovery Mode” message
- Press down on the SHIFT key, or Alt/Option if you are using a Mac and then click on Restore at the same time
- Point to the iOS 7.0.4 IPSW you downloaded and iTunes will do the rest.
Please be aware of the risks you are taking if you download from these unofficial links. Also, if you are planning on jailbreaking your device when the iOS 7 untethered jailbreak finally arrives, avoid upgrading to this beta; it may destroy your chances of a successful jailbreak.
Those of you who are waiting for the untethered jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 should remain patient as we are still expecting it to be released by the end of December. More news on that and the iOS 7 jailbreak as and when we hear it, in the meantime, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date with the latest news.
iOS 7.1 Beta Unofficial Download Links
- iPad Air (Model A1474)
- iPad Air (Model A1475)
- iPad 4 (Model A1458)
- iPad 4 (Model A1459)
- iPad 4 (Model A1460)
- iPad mini (Model A1432)
- iPad mini (Model A1454)
- iPad mini (Model A1455)
- iPad mini 2 (Model A1489)
- iPad mini 2 (Model A1490)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for ATT)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for Verizon)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (1428) Mega link
- iPhone 5 (1429) Mega link
- iPhone 5c (Model A1456, A1532) Mega link
- iPhone 5c (Model A1507, A1516, A1526, A1529) Mega link
- iPhone 5s (Model A1453, A1533) Mega link
- iPhone 5s (Model A1457, A1518, A1528, A1530) Mega link
- iPhone 4s Mega link
- iPhone 4 (GSM Rev A) Mega link
- iPhone 4 (GSM) Mega link
- iPhone 4 (CDMA) Mega link
- iPod touch (5th generation) Mega link