If you have recently tried updating to iOS 7 beta and find the error as shown below (Connect to iTunes – Recovery Mode) , we have a solution for you . Those iOS users who downloaded iOS 7 beta release and installed on their device will see this error. It shows the new iOS 7 Connect to iTunes logo (image below) with the flat design and when connected to your PC or Mac , iTunes will show that it has discovered an device in Recovery Mode which needs to be Restored.
Image : iPhone 5 on recovery mode after trying to install iOS 7 firmware
Solution – How to Fix Connect to iTunes Error
The fix is simple . All you have to do is get the latest version of iTunes from Apple Store and repeat the process as explained below .
- Download iTunes 220.127.116.11 or above version from Apple.com (link).
- Install iTunes on your computer and restart your computer for the new changes to take place . After restarting , follow steps 3 to Step 5 for sucesssful installation of your iOS firmware that can fix the “iTunes on Recovery Mode” error screen on iOS 7 firmware .
- After restart launch iTunes and connect your device . It will show your device in Recovery Mode. Click on the Restore device icon while holding the SHIFT key on your windows keyboard . Mac users will have to press Option key .
- Browse to the iOS 7 ipsw file and select.
- iTunes will now verify the ipsw file and install it on your device .
Next Step :
Since you are still on iOS 7 beta , you need to activate the phone. Non-Developers would come up with an issue of Activation Error . To fix this issue you must get your device registered with Apple developer Centre or get someone to add your device udid to a developers account for a fees. Read more about Fixing Activation Error .
Your Phone should start normally now and wont show the “Connect to iTunes” logo any more . If you have any iOS 7 related problem , connect wit us on our Facebook Fan Page or comment in the comment section below this article .