Jailbreaking provides us with all sorts of modifications, apps and other useful content, all the stuff that Apple just won’t let us use. It also gives us access to a bunch of emulators that allow us to play all our favorite Gameboy, Nintendo and other old games console games on our iOS devices. But, what if you don’t want to jailbreak ? Or, what if you are on an iOS version that can’t be jailbroken at the moment ? How do you get your hands on these emulators? By using Emu4iOS, that’s how.
Image : Emu4iOS
Emu4iOS is packed with popular emulators and other premium apps that can’t be found on the app store and many of which can only normally be found through jailbreaking. If you are used to jailbreaking and used to using emulators like those listed below, you can get all of them and more though Emu4iOS:
There are a couple of caveats to using Emu4iOS :
- You cannot use it on a jailbroken iOS device – it won’t work
- You can only use one emulator on your device at a time so, if your favorite games are spread across the console platforms, you will need to delete the old and install a new emulator whenever you want to change.
Supported Devices :
Emu4iOS [ext link] is one of the most up to date apps of its kind and it supports all versions of the iOS firmware from iOS 7 through to iOS 10. You cannot get this app from the iOS app store because it doesn’t pass Apple’s strict guidelines but you can get it by following our steps below. Emu4iOS will work on all iOS 7 – iOS 10 devices:
- iPhone 4s 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus
- iPad 2, 3, 4
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad Mini 2, 3, 4
- iPad Pro – 9.7” and 12.9” models
- iPod Touch 5th and 6th generation
How to Download Emu4iOS on iOS 7 to iOS 10 :
- Launch the Safari browser on your iOS device
- Type emu4ios.org in the address bar. Tap on Go and wait for the website to load
- When it does, tap on the large UP arrow at the bottom of the screen
- Select Add to Home Screen from the options
- Name the app icon Emu4iOS. Tap on Add and close down Safari
- The Emu4iOS app icon will now be shown on your home page
Video: This video demonstrates these steps
Emu4iOS has been fully tested and is safe to use but should you need to remove it you can follow the steps at the given link to Delete Emu4iOS [ext link].