On 10th June 2013 Apple kicked off their WWDC 2013 with a keynote speech that included, among other things, a look at the new iOS 7. Very shortly, developers were able to download iOS 7 and were given the chance to have a deeper look at the firmware with the first iOS 7 Beta version . Months later iOS 7 public version was released with iOS 7.1.2 being the final release for supported iOS devices .
Image : iOS 7 Download
Important : In preparation for the iOS 7 download, here’s how developers can upgrade their devices to iOS 7 ipsw . Make sure you read and understand the process of downgrading from iOS 7 in case you want to revert back to the original state of your device .
First Method – iOS 7 IPSW Download
- Download the IPSW for iOS 7 [iOS 7.1.2 being the last release] . Make sure it is an iOS 7 Supported device .
- Launch iTunes and connect your device to your PC
- From the list on the top of the screen select your device
- Hold down the SHIFT key on your keyboard and click on Update on iTunes simultaneously
- Point to the iOS 7 firmware you downloaded in Step 1
- iTunes will upgrade your device to iOS 7 .
Second Method – OTA
While this is by far the easiest method to upgrade your device, if you are intending to jailbreak afterwards its best to use one of the other methods as OTA and jailbreaking are not altogether compatible.
- On your device open up Settings > General > Software Update
- Make sure that your device is connected to the internet on a valid Wi-Fi connection
- Now, your device will search for updates and will display any that are found
- Tap to download and install as shown below
- Your device will restart once the download has completed
Third Method – iTunes
- Connect your device to your PC and launch iTunes
- Pick your device form the list on the left of the screen
- Click on Navigation > Help > Check for Updates
- iTunes will proceed to download iOS 7
Note : Downgrade iOS 7 to iOS 6.x.x
|Share on Facebook|| |