It’s been just over a week since Apple seeded beta 5 of iOS 7 to registered developers and it looks as though they are speeding up the process. Today, beta 6 was released, possibly the last one before the Gold Master version. If you are a registered developer you can download it by following one of these steps :
Method 1 : OTA – Over The Air Update
- Open Settings
- Tap General > Software Update
- Your iPhone 5 will now look for the firmware
- Select Download and Install
- Your iPhone 5 will update to beta 6
Method 2 : IPSW and iTunes
- Download the iOS 7 Beta 6 IPSW – choose the download links that relate to your developer status
- Connect your iPhone 5 to your PC and launch iTunes
- Open Device summary and then hold down the SHIFT key (Option on Mac)
- Click Update in iTunes at the same time . This will open a window where you will get the option to select the download ipsw firmware file. This gives the option to choose the required file without having iTunes download it for you . You can reuse the same file by transferring it to a different computer and upgrade any similar device for which the ipsw is meant to be installed . So if you have friends with slower internet connection or you want to keep the ipsw for future use [ iOS 7 jailbreak using Redsnow or Sn0wbreeze]
- Navigate to the IPSW you downloaded for beta 6
- iTunes will update your iPhone 5 to the new beta
Download iOS 7 Beta 6 for iPhone 5 :
Fix iOS 7 Beta 6 Stuck in Activation Error Screen :
This takes around 15 minutes after which you will need to activate your iPhone 5. If you are not a registered developer you will need to register your UDID before you can do this or else you will get the Activation Error.
There are 2 ways to get your UDID registered. The first is to join the official developer program at a cost of $99. The other method is to purchase a full year’s UDID activation for just $10 from us. This will cover iOS 8 as well.
Send your UDID number to firstname.lastname@example.org and send payment of $10 via PayPal. After your payment has been received your UDID will be activated and you will be notified by email. Please allow a couple of hours for device identifier provisioning and then you can safely and Legally activate iOS 7 beta 6. This is only available for the first 50 users and is for manual activation only. We will not oversell.
Video : iOS 7 Installation and Activation Process :