Apple has now seeded iOS 7.1 beta 4 to developers, just 2 weeks after beta 3 was released. While beta 3 concentrated on how iOS looked, the new beta has a stronger focus on improvements to the actual operating system, although there are a couple of visual improvements as well.
- Slide to Unlock and Power Off Sliders
These have been given an overhaul and are now more noticeable, with animations that are both brighter and slower.
- Adding Contacts in Dialler
Instead of text that reads “Add to Contacts”, you can now just tap on a + button in the dialer to add a number to your contacts list.
- Scrolling through Messages
Similar to a change made in the Control Center, there is now a little more in the way of “bounce” when you are scrolling through your messages.
For the iPad in the UK, a new voice gender has now been added to Siri . You can catch up with previous changes in iOS 7.1 betas in the following articles:
It is not yet known when iOS 7.1 will be released to the public but it is thought that we could see it around March time, following a long period of beta testing. In the meantime, if you want to download the iOS 7.1 beta 4 onto your devices, here’s how to do it .
How to Download iOS 7.1 beta 4 for Non- Developers :
- Check out the list at the bottom of this article and download the right IPSW for your device
- Get your iPhone, iPod or iPad connected up to your computer and then open iTunes
- If you have more than one device listed in iTunes, click on the correct one and open Device Summary
- Holding the SHIFT or ALT key down click on Check for Update in iTunes
- Navigate to the IPSW you downloaded earlier [iOS 7.1 beta 4 ]
- iTunes will now update your device to iOS 7.1 beta 4
Please keep in mind that, as with all beta versions, this is likely to be on the buggy side. If you have a spare device that you can use you should do so, rather than using your everyday one.
iOS 7.1 beta 4 Downloads
- iPad Air (Model A1474)
- iPad Air (Model A1475)
- iPad mini (Model A1489)
- iPad mini (Model A1490)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1458)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1459)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1460)
- iPad mini (Model A1432)
- iPad mini (Model A1454)
- iPad mini (Model A1455)
- iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for ATT)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for Verizon)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5s (Model A1453, A1533)
- iPhone 5s (Model A1457, A1518, A1528, A1530)
- iPhone 5c (Model A1456, A1532)
- iPhone 5c (Model A1507, A1516, A1526, A1529)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1428)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1429)
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 4 (GSM Rev A)
- iPhone 4 (GSM)
- iPhone 4 (CDMA)
- iPod touch:
- iPod touch (5th generation)