Many of you have downloaded the iOS 7 firmware in .dmg format but you are unable to install and use it since it would show incompatible with iTunes . Here is a simple solution to fix this problem.
Image : Converting DMG to IPSW
How to Convert DMG to IPSW Format :
Since this is a Windows specific error , you will need to download a free program named 7Zip . It lets you convert the .dmg file into ipsw format by extracting the file from the dmg you downloaded .
- Download and Launch 7-Zip.exe application . Link [ext link]
- Select the .dmg File and click Open.
- You’ll see all kind of files in this archive.
- Now Find the IPSW file within the DMG file and click to Extract or you can extract the entire package
- Just point out the 7-Zip program to where you would like your IPSW file to be extracted .
- Now use the iOS 7 beta ipsw to install using iTunes .
Here is a video of how the conversion takes place .